SER TO MA stands
for SERVICE TO MANKIND and one of the major interests of the Binghamton Sertoma Club
is the guidance and financial assistance of the Binghamton
Boys and Girls Club. In 1955, CAMP SERTOMA, located on Johnson Road, was
donated to what was then called the Binghamton Boys Club (consolidated
with the Binghamton Girls Club in 1974). Included in the
gift was the original tract of land and the main building. An additional
96 acres of land were donated in 1962. Through the continued support
of the Binghamton Sertoma Club, the camp has continued to expand
and now includes a dining hall, auditorium, riding stable and corral, craft cabins and an inviting swimming
area. Recently the Binghamton Sertoma Club completed more
improvements to the camp including a new in-ground
pool. CAMP SERTOMA now serves approximately 900 boys and girls.
thank everyone in the Southern Tier for continued support of our fundraising activities for Camp Sertoma
on Johnson Rd., 5-Mile Point, Kirkwood, New York.
Visit the official
Sertoma website for more information.